White Tiger Family Martial Arts
|Bak Fu Martial Arts
The kicks of Tae Kwon Do with the forms of Kenpo Karate and Kung Fu
Exercise and self-defense for the whole family
Kenpo - Karate - Kobudo - Tae Kwon Do - Kung Fu - Kali/Escrima DTS
- White Tiger Family Martial Arts (WFTMA) is an educational, non-profit program dedicated to educating and
training youth for a better future.
- This program works in partnership with school districts and city recreational programs to provide youth
with affordable high-quality instruction. Our mission is to develop a more fit, focused, respectful, and disciplined youth.
We teach that there is nothing free in life and that it takes hard work and effort to achieve goals.
- We are not affiliated with any commercial schools, which require contracts and charge over $100 a month
per child plus testing fees of $50 to $1000 per each belt level. Unfortunately, professional sales and
marketing have taken over martial arts making money the focus. When looking for a school/instructor, please be aware
that there is no regulatory body in martial arts and anybody can open a school and claim to be a master. Beware
of schools that will not provide prices over the phone and bait you in with specials leading to contract obligations.
- Additionally, in contrast to commercial schools, which teach a limited curriculum and focus on a single style, we utilize
the best from many styles and give your child a well-rounded experience in martial arts. This experience could not be
attained anywhere else at any price. Sifu Mayberry has received training and continues to train with some of the highest
level grandmasters in the world. He has combined the accumulation of their knowledge and experience into an understandable
and practical format (combining old with new in a fun and safe environment), where hardwork and effort are the
criteria for advancement rather than money.
- The philosophy of teaching is to go from the simple to more complex in a stepwise process using the "inch by inch, it's a cinch"
teaching method [i.e., hard style karate / taw kwon do to the flowing styles of kung fu (such as Jackie Chan / Jet Li)]
- Tiger Kids is a member club of the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU), which, since 1888, has been the largest youth, non-profit,
multi-sport organization helping athletes achieve their goals from the grass roots to the Junior Olympics.
About the Classes
- Your child will be learning the basic foundational moves of martial arts including blocks, punches, and kicks of karate and
tae kwon do and the stances of kung-fu. Advanced forms/weapons are introduced as your child progresses.
- Exercises for conditioning and flexibility will be used for warm-up. The program also uses bag kicking, games,
and padded sword and staff sparring to develop skills and to practice techniques.
- Stranger awareness and some self-defense techniques will also be taught.
- Classes run 45 minutes for beginners and 30 minutes for Tiny Tigers. Yellow belts and more advanced students
stay longer. Classes run year round. If your child misses a class, he/she can go to another location to make it up.
- Classes run year-round in 7 week blocks and are held in several locations. See the schedule for details.
- NOTE: This class is designed for self-defense purposes only. We do not teach bullying tactics. Respect for the
instructor and fellow classmates is expected at all times. Any student creating problems will not be permitted to continue
in the course.
About the Instructors
Chief Instructor Mitch Mayberry is the most certified and accredited in the area with
over 40 years of training and
over 30 years of teaching. He holds black belts in over 15 different styles, with master-level
certification in more than 5 styles.
The instructors have been personally trained and certified by Sifu Mayberry. Visit the
instructors page for certification details on all of the instructors.
The TIGER DIFFERENCE: Learn more and pay less - from the most accredited and certified instructor in the area
Please call (425) 774-2787 if you have any questions.
Check our Contact page for other contact options.
Copyright (c) 2007 Mitch Mayberry